MM#009 Default HESSI Target

Max Millennium Chief Observer mmchiefobserver at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 10:12:59 MDT 2011

Dear RHESSI Collaborators,

NOAA 11263 continues to produce significant C class flares - the
largest of these being a C6 event - despite having rotated off the
west limb. Although this region has rotated beyond the limb, it is
clear from STEREO A observations that it is not yet showing signs of
decay. As such, 11263 will continue to be today's target. However,
given its high longitude, we will call off the Major Flare Watch as a
>M5 flare is not likely from our perspective.

The position of NOAA 11263 on 11-Aug-2011 15:30 UT is:

N17W91 ( 904", 276" )

See http://www.SolarMonitor.org for images and
http://solar.physics.montana.edu/max_millennium/ops/observing.shtml
for a description of the current Max Millennium Observing Plan.

Regards,

Claire Raftery (SSL, UC Berkeley)