MM#003 Major Flare Watch

Max Millennium Chief Observer mmchiefobserver at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 09:31:17 MST 2011

MM#003 Major Flare Watch

Dear RHESSI Collaborators,

Solar flare activity has increased significantly today.
NOAA 1164 was the source of countless C-class events
and two M-class events.  The largest M-class event was the M1.4
at 03/07/08:07 UT.  NOAA 1166 also produced two M-class
events.  The largest was an M1.9 at 03/07/14:30 UT.  The
recently emerged region located north of NOAA 1165 produced
two M-class events.  The largest was an M1.8 at 03/07/09:15 UT.
All three regions have complex beta-gamma-delta magnetic
configurations.  All three regions are capable of producing
an event equal to or larger than an M5 class.
Since we have a history with NOAA 1164, we will bet on it
for at the target region today.

The position of NOAA 1164 on March 07 at 11:30 UT is:
N24W53 (Solar X = 706", Solar Y = 458")

See http://www.SolarMonitor.org for images and
http://solar.physics.montana.edu/max_millennium/ops/observing.shtml
for a description of the current Max Millennium Observing Plan.

Regards,

Bill Marquette (Helio Research)