RHESSI Science Nuggets in September

Hugh Hudson hhudson at ssl.berkeley.edu
Mon Sep 29 05:02:10 MDT 2014

No. 237, "The Balmer continuum observed from IRIS!" by Petr Heinzel and Lucia Kleint. For the first time we have clear and direct observations of the Balmer continuum, from space.

No. 236, "Energy goes up... but doesn't come back down! Coronal heating?" by Brian Welsch. The Poynting flux responsible for coronal heating may have been spotted.

No. 235, "Which detectors can I use to analyze this flare?" by Brian Dennis and Kim Tolbert. A new Browser feature helps to answer this question.

No. 234, "RHESSI resumes observations," by Albert Shih and Sa"m Krucker. Back to normal, the anneal was a success.

See
http://sprg.ssl.berkeley.edu/~tohban/wiki/index.php/RHESSI_Science_Nuggets

listing the current series, 2008-present, and

http://sprg.ssl.berkeley.edu/~tohban/nuggets/

for the original series, 2005-2008.

We publish these at roughly two-week intervals and welcome contributions,
which should be related, at least loosely, to RHESSI science.