Regularized Electron Flux Visibility Mapping in RHESSI software

Kim Tolbert kim.tolbert at nasa.gov
Mon Nov 26 15:52:57 MST 2012

The RHESSI software team is happy to announce the formal inclusion of
regularized electron flux visibilities within the main branch of the
hessi software tree distributed through SSW.  This gives a user the
capability of making electron flux maps over a series of energies by
setting only a minimum of parameters and using any of our visibility
imaging methods.  It is also possible to use these methods to create
photon maps using these electron visibilities which will be more
smoothly varying than by making maps in the normal way from single
energy bands. As this is within our standard object software these
methods are available both from the Command Line and Graphical User
Interface (CLI and GUI).  These are currently the only imaging methods
we use that constrain the map at a single energy by the data at multiple
energies.

Please see our "RHESSI Data Analysis Software Change History
<http://hesperia.gsfc.nasa.gov/ssw/hessi/doc/software/changes/sw_changes>"
and "Using Visibility Objects in the RHESSI Software
<http://hesperia.gsfc.nasa.gov/ssw/hessi/doc/image/hsi_visibility_howto.html>"
for more details.

Richard Schwartz