CHIANTI Version 7 released

Enrico Landi elandi at umich.edu
Thu Nov 3 14:51:43 MDT 2011

Dear Colleague,

We would like to announce the release of version 7.0 of the CHIANTI
database for astrophysical spectroscopy. With Version 7.0, CHIANTI
now includes data for several new ions as well as significant updates to
many ions, including several key Fe species routinely observed by
Hinode/EIS and SDO. Also, a completely new implementation of the
CHIANTI software in the Python programming language has been
developed and is freely available on the web (ChiantiPy). IDL
software updates have been performed to ensure compatibility
with IDL 8.

If you use CHIANTI through SolarSoft that is automatically mirrored,
the update will occur automatically within the next few days.  Otherwise,
you will need to manually update your the SolarSoft directories.

If you use CHIANTI through the stand-alone tar file, we recommend that
you download and install the new tar file in your CHIANTI directories.
The new tar file can be found at our new web site location:

                   http://www.chiantidatabase.org/ - note the new url!

The ChiantiPy software suite can be found at

                   http://sourceforge.net/projects/chiantipy/

If you have any questions, problems, suggestions regarding CHIANTI,
we are always glad to hear from you by sending email to

                   chianti_help at halcyon.nrl.navy.mil

Best regards,

The CHIANTI Team