RHESSI has resumed collecting data following a successful anneal

Shih, Albert Y. (GSFC-6710) albert.y.shih at nasa.gov
Wed Feb 22 13:22:25 MST 2012

To RHESSI collaborators:

As of today, RHESSI has resumed collecting solar X-ray and gamma-ray data, following the successful completion of the "anneal" procedure to rejuvenate the RHESSI detectors from the effects of radiation damage.  The detectors were heated up from their operating temperature of ~100 K to ~100 deg C (373 K), held at that temperature for ten days, and then cooled back down.  The entire procedure took five weeks.  We now look forward to future solar activity.  If you have any questions about this anneal, please feel free to contact me.

Albert Shih
RHESSI Deputy Mission Scientist

-----
Albert Y. Shih