Max Millennium News

Richard Canfield canfield at mithra.physics.montana.edu
Wed Nov 20 12:01:28 MST 2013

                           MAX MILLENNIUM NEWS
CONTENTS

1. E-PRINTS POSTED IN THE PAST WEEK
2. FROM THE EDITOR

1. E-PRINTS POSTED IN THE PAST WEEK
-----------------------------------
> http://solar.physics.montana.edu/cgi-bin/eprint/default_page.pl

Rossby waves and polar spots in rapidly rotating stars: Implications
for stellar wind evolution
-- Zaqarashvili, T.V., Oliver, R., Ballester, J.L., Carbonell, M.,
   Khodachenko, M.L., Lammer, H., Leitzinger, M. and Odert, P.

Kelvin-Helmholtz instability of twisted magnetic flux tubes in the
solar wind
-- Zaqarashvili, T.V., V"or"os, Z. and Zhelyazkov, I.

Radio seismology of the outer solar corona
-- Zaqarashvili, T.V., Melnik, V.N., Brazhenko, A.I., Panchenko, M.,
   Konovalenko, A.A., Franzuzenko, A.V., Dorovskyy, V.V., Rucker, H.O.

Torsional Alfven waves in partially ionized solar plasma: effects of
neutral helium and stratification
-- Zaqarashvili, T.V., Khodachenko, M.L. and Soler, R.

Cut-off wavenumber of Alfven waves in partially ionized plasmas of
the solar atmosphere
-- Zaqarashvili, T. V., Carbonell, M., Ballester J. L. and
   Khodachenko, M. L.

Nonlinear Force-Free Extrapolation of the Coronal Magnetic Field
Based on the MHD Relaxation Method
-- S. Inoue, T.  Magara, V. S. Pandey, D. Shiota, K. Kusano,
   G. S. Choe and K. S. Kim

Force-free field modeling of twist and braiding-induced magnetic
energy in an active-region corona
-- Thalmann, J. K., Tiwari, S. K., Wiegelmann, T.

Bipolar magnetic structures driven by stratified turbulence with
a coronal envelope
-- J. Warnecke, I. R.  Losada, A. Brandenburg, N. Kleeorin,
   I. Rogachevskii

An Investigation of the CME of 3 November 2011 and its Associated
Widespread Solar Energetic Particle Event
-- A. J. Prise, L. K. Harra, S. A. Matthews, D. M. Long, A. D. Aylward

2. FROM THE EDITOR ------------------

The Max Millennium program exists to enhance all aspects of solar
activity research. If you have news that is of broad interest to that
community, feel free to send your message to the MMScience e-mail
list:
   http://solar.physics.montana.edu/max_millennium/mmlists.shtml
Address questions to canfield at physics.montana.edu