Max Millennium News

Richard Canfield canfield at mithra.physics.montana.edu
Wed Aug 10 21:30:41 MDT 2016

                           MAX MILLENNIUM NEWS
CONTENTS

1. E-PRINTS POSTED IN THE PAST WEEK
2. FROM THE EDITOR

1. E-PRINTS POSTED IN THE PAST WEEK
===================================
> http://solar.physics.montana.edu/cgi-bin/eprint/default_page.pl

Comparison of damped oscillations in solar and stellar X-ray flares
-- Cho, I.-H., Cho, K.-S., Nakariakov, V.M., Kim, S., Kumar, P.

Understanding solar torsional oscillations from global dynamo
models
-- G. Guerrero, P . K. Smolarkiewicz, E.M. de Gouveia Dal
    Pino, A. G. Kosovichev, N. N. Mansour

Slipping Magnetic Reconnection of Flux Rope Structures as a Precursor
to an Eruptive X-class Solar Flare
-- Ting Li, Kai Yang, Yijun Hou & Jun Zhang

Transition Region and Chromospheric Signatures of Impulsive Heating
Events. II. Modeling
-- Jeffrey W. Reep, Harry P. Warren, Nicholas A. Crump, Paulo J.A.
    Simoes

The emergence of braided magnetic fields
-- Prior, C., MacTaggart, D.

Effect of a sausage oscillation on radio zebra pattern structures
in a solar flare
-- Yu, S., Nakariakov, V.M., Yan, Y.

A nanoflare based cellular automaton model and the observed
properties of the coronal plasma
-- M. Lopez Fuentes, J.A. Klimchuk

Two-dimensional cellular automaton model for the evolution of active
region coronal plasmas
-- M. Lopez Fuentes, J.A. Klimchuk

Relationship of type III radio bursts with quasi-periodic
pulsations in a solar flare
-- E. G. Kupriyanova, L.  K. Kashapova, H. A. S. Reid, I. N. Myagkova

2. FROM THE EDITOR ==================

The Max Millennium program exists to enhance all aspects of solar
activity research. If you have news that is of broad interest to that
community, feel free to send your message to the MMScience e-mail
list:
   http://solar.physics.montana.edu/max_millennium/mmlists.shtml
Address questions to richard.canfield at montana.edu