Last Call for Abstracts for AOGS Session ST27 New Insights Into The Physics Of White-light Flares

Juan Carlos Martínez Oliveros oliveros at ssl.berkeley.edu
Mon Feb 29 10:02:46 MST 2016

Dear All,

We invite contributions to the session (ID#: ST27) “New Insights Into The
Physics Of White-light Flares” at the  AOGS meeting  in Beijing, 31 Jul to
5 Aug, 2016.  Details on the session follow.

We would like to remind you that the abstract submission deadline was
extended to 4 March 2016.

Abstracts can be submitted using the following link:
http://www.asiaoceania.org/aogs2016/public.asp?page=abstract.htm

Best regards,

Juan Carlos Martinez Oliveros
Hugh S Hudson
Lucia Kleint
Mingde Ding

Session Title:
New Insights Into The Physics Of White-light Flares

Session Description:
The white-light continuum of a solar flare was the first manifestation of a
flare ever detected, and this continuum emission contains a large fraction
of the total luminous energy of a flare. Thus its identification has always
posed an important problem for solar and stellar physics. A zoo of
phenomena accompanies these events and their analysis can provide a wealth
of information about the solar atmosphere. The focus of the discussion is
the manifestation in the visible continuum of flares, from the corona to
the solar interior and how multi wavelength observations (RHESSI, IRIS,
SDO, Hinode, infrared, NoRH, OVSA) can help our understanding of the
mechanics of momentum and energy transfer in the solar atmosphere.