Max Millennium News

Keiji YOSHIMURA yosimura at solar.physics.montana.edu
Wed Aug 21 14:48:01 MDT 2019

                          MAX MILLENNIUM NEWS

CONTENTS

1. RETIREMENT OF PROF. RICHARD CANFIELD
2. E-PRINTS POSTED IN THE PAST TWO WEEKS
3. FROM THE EDITOR

1. RETIREMENT OF PROF. RICHARD CANFIELD
---------------------------------------

Professor Canfield, the founder and leader of the Max Millenium program, is
retiring from his leadership role in this program. For the past twenty years,
with unsurpassable wisdom, enthusiasm, and dedication, Dick has curated
the program to serve and connect the solar physics community, and this is
just one example in his acclaimed career that has significantly driven
forward the field of solar flare physics. Dick has nurtured generations
of solar physicists. He has led the team of the Max Millenium Chief Observers
(MMCOs), an instrumental component of the MM program exemplar of Dick's
leadership in international partnership. The members of the MM program
cherish those touching moments with Dick, who has not only supervised
them through the MM program, but has truly inspired and guided them
in their career. With the spirit Dick has instilled, the MM team will
carry along with the MM progam into Solar Cycle 25.

In the next phase of the MM program, Jiong Qiu and Keiji Yoshimura at
Montana State University will coordinate with the MMCO team, and maintain
and improve the program functioning at MSU to continue to provide service
to the community. Keiji Yoshimura is taking over the duty as the MM moderator.
Please contact me for comments or questions on our current services:

-  Message of the Day (MOTDs),
-  Solar Physics E-Print Archive,
-  Max Millennium News,
-  MMscience, and
-  RHESSI_Data_Analysis

We appreciate your contiuous support of our progam, and please share with
us your thoughts on this program.

Keiji Yoshimura, on behalf of the Max Millenium team.

2. E-PRINTS POSTED IN THE PAST TWO WEEKS
> http://solar.physics.montana.edu/cgi-bin/eprint/default_page.pl

Three-dimensional Density Structure of a Solar Coronal Streamer Observed
by SOHO/LASCO and STEREO/COR2 in Quadrature
-- Bieke Decraemer, Andrei N. Zhukov, and Tom Van Doorsselaere

Modelling Mg II During Solar Flares, I: Partial Frequency Redistribution,
Opacity, and Coronal Irradiation
-- Graham S. Kerr, Joel C. Allred & Mats Carlsson

The Birth of a Jet-driven Twin CME and Its Deflection from Remote Magnetic Fields
-- Yadan Duan; Yuandeng Shen; Hechao Chen; Hongfei Liang

On the Origin of Solar Torsional Oscillations and Extended Solar Cycle
-- Pipin, V. V.; Kosovichev, A. G.

What Sets the Magnetic Field Strength and Cycle Period in Solar-type Stars?
-- Guerrero, G.; Zaire, B.; Smolarkiewicz, P. K.; de Gouveia Dal Pino, E. M.;
   Kosovichev, A. G.; Mansour, N. N.

Stereoscopic Observations of an Erupting Mini-filament Driven Two-Sided-Loop
Jet and the Applications for Diagnosing Filament Magnetic field
-- Yuandeng Shen; Zhining Qu; Ding Yuan; Huadong Chen; Yadan Duan;
   Chengrui Zhou; Zehao Tang; Jin Huang; Yu Liu

Dynamic Processes of the Moreton Wave on 2014 March 29
-- Denis P. Cabezas, Ayumi Asai, Kiyoshi Ichimoto, Takahito Sakaue, Satoru UeNo,
   Jose K. Ishitsuka, and Kazunari Shibata

3. FROM THE EDITOR

The Max Millennium program exists to enhance all aspects of solar
flare research. If you have news that is of broad interest to that
community, feel free to send your message to the MMScience e-mail list:
   http://solar.physics.montana.edu/max_millennium/mmlists.shtml
Address questions to keiji.yoshimura at montana.edu