Max Millennium News

Richard Canfield richard.canfield at montana.edu
Wed Jun 12 13:21:22 MDT 2019

                           MAX MILLENNIUM NEWS
CONTENTS

1. 20TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE FIRST MOTD
2. E-PRINTS POSTED IN THE PAST WEEK
3. FROM THE EDITOR

1. 20TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE FIRST MOTD
=====================================
> Richard Canfield <richard.canfield at montana.edu>

Exactly twenty years ago, on June 12th, 1999, Dale Gary, Neale
Ranns, and I posted the first Max Millennium Message of the Day
(MOTD), supported by the RHESSI PI team with NASA funding.  A year
and a half later, promptly after RHESSI launch, Peter Gallagher
and Bill Marquette sent the first message from the Max Millennium
Chief Observers (MMCOs).  These messages continue to this day.
Their effectiveness has been documented in "Performance of Major
Flare Watches from the Max Millennium Program" (2001 - 2010),
Bloomfield, D. S.; Gallagher, P. T.; Marquette, W. H.; Milligan,
R. O.; Canfield, R. C. 2016SoPh..291..411B 2016/02

It is my pleasure to acknowledge the following solar physicists for
their MMCO service over these 20 years, in order of their initial
posts on http://solar.physics.montana.edu/hypermail/mmmotd/date.html

  * Peter Gallagher, 700 messages, 2001 - 2009
  * Bill Marquette, 2482 messages, 2001 - present
  * James McAteer, 617 messages, 2003 - 2009
  * Ryan Milligan, 1171 messages, 2007 - present
  * Shaun Bloomfield, 869 messages, 2008 - present
  * Claire Raftery, 125 messages, 2009 - 2012
  * Paul Higgins, 199 messages, 2012 - 2015
  * Ying Li, 395 messages, 2015 - present
  * Aoife McCloskey, 60 messages, 2018 - present

Please join me in thanking these generous colleagues for their
service to our community using mmchiefobserver (at) gmail.com

2. E-PRINTS POSTED IN THE PAST WEEK
===================================
> http://solar.physics.montana.edu/cgi-bin/eprint/default_page.pl

A Wavelet Based Approach to Solar-Terrestrial Coupling
-- Ch. Katsavrias, A. Hillaris, P. Preka--Papadema

Interplanetary Type IV Bursts
-- Alexander Hillaris, Constantine Bouratzis, Alexander Nindos

High resolution observations with Artemis-IV and the NRH. I. Type
IV associated narrow-band bursts
-- C. Bouratzis, A. Hillaris, C.E. Alissandrakis, P. Preka-Papadema,
    X. Moussas, C.  Caroubalos, P. Tsitsipis, A. Kontogeorgos

Detection of spike-like structures near the front of type-II bursts
-- A.S. Armatas, C. Bouratzis, A. Hillaris, C.E. Alissandrakis,
    P. Preka-Papadema, X. Moussas, E. Mitsakou, P. Tsitsipis,
    A. Kontogeorgos

High resolution observations with Artemis-JLS, (II) Type
IV associated intermediate drift bursts
-- C. Bouratzis, A. Hillaris, C.E. Alissandrakis, P. Preka-Papadema,
    X. Moussas, C.  Caroubalos, P. Tsitsipis, A. Kontogeorgos

Oscillation of a small H-alpha surge in a solar polar coronal hole
-- Cho, K.-S., Cho, I.-H., Nakariakov, V.M., Yurchyshyn, V.B., Yang, H.,
    Kim, Y.-H., Kumar, P., Magara, T.

Radio Observations of the January 20, 2005 X-Class Event
-- C. Bouratzis, P. Preka-Papadema, A. Hillaris, P.  Tsitsipis,
    A. Kontogeorgos, V. G. Kurt X. Moussas

Fine Structure of Metric Type-IV Radio Bursts Observed with
the ARTEMIS-IV Radio Spectrograph: Association with Flares
and Coronal Mass Ejections
-- C. Bouratzis, A. Hillaris, C.  E. Alissandrakis,
    P. Preka-Papadema, X. Moussas, C. Caroubalos, P.  Tsitsipis,
    A. Kontogeorgos

Spectral Analysis of the September 2017 Solar Energetic
Particle Events
-- A. Bruno, E.R. Christian, G.A. de Nolfo, I.G. Richardson, J.M. Ryan

Solar Energetic Particle Events Observed by the PAMELA Mission
-- A. Bruno, G. A. Bazilevskaya, M. Boezio, E. R. Christian,
    G. A. de Nolfo, M. Martucci, M. Merge', V. V. Mikhailov, R.
    Munini, I. G. Richardson, J. M. Ryan, S. Stochaj, O. Adriani, G. C.
    Barbarino, R. Bellotti, E. A. Bogomolov, M. Bongi, V. Bonvicini,
    S.  Bottai, F. Cafagna, D. Campana, P. Carlson, M. Casolino,
    G.  Castellini, C. De Santis, V. Di Felice, A. M. Galper,
    A. V. Karelin, S. V. Koldashov, S. Koldobskiy, S. Y. Krutkov,
    A. N. Kvashnin, A.  Leonov, V. Malakhov, L. Marcelli, A. G. Mayorov,
    W. Menn, E.  Mocchiutti, A. Monaco, N. Mori, G. Osteria, B. Panico,
    P. Papini, M.  Pearce, P. Picozza, M. Ricci, S. B. Ricciarini,
    M. Simon, R. Sparvoli, P. Spillantini, Y. I. Stozhkov, A. Vacchi,
    E. Vannuccini, G. I.  Vasilyev, S. A. Voronov, Y. T. Yurkin,
    G. Zampa, N. Zampa

COMPARING LONG-DURATION GAMMA-RAY FLARES AND HIGH-ENERGY SOLAR
ENERGETIC PARTICLES
-- G. A. de Nolfo, A. Bruno, J.  M. Ryan, S. Dalla,
    J. Giacalone, I. G. Richardson, E. R. Christian, S.  J. Stochaj,
    G. A. Bazilevskaya, M. Boezio, M. Martucci, V. V.  Mikhailov,
    R. Munini

Characteristics of ephemeral coronal holes
-- A. R.  Inglis, R. E. O'Connor, W. D. Pesnell, M. S. Kirk, N. Karna

The Role of Energy Diffusion in the Deposition of Energetic Electron
Energy in Solar and Stellar Flares
-- Natasha L. S. Jeffrey, Eduard P. Kontar, Lyndsay Fletcher

3. FROM THE EDITOR

The Max Millennium program exists to enhance all aspects of solar
activity research. If you have news that is of broad interest to that
community, feel free to send your message to the MMScience e-mail
list:
   http://solar.physics.montana.edu/max_millennium/mmlists.shtml
Address questions to canfield at solar.physics.montana.edu